Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It's a Deal

A Conversation: Part 8


Usman:
You are too expensive, O damned brood
I have neither milk to give nor any food
If I were to take your life, my sorrows
Would be less than the losses otherwise accrued.


Sai:
This one is called "It's a Deal".

Let's strike a deal,
Maybe your wounds, 
Caused by the whips of poverty,
Might just heal.

I know that you have gone through a lot,
You sold all your gold,
Your horses,
And your plot.
Indeed you have lost a lot.

I know it's tough.
Tough to look back,
And think of ways,
How you could have saved all that...

All your humanly belongings,
Now, it's just a thought,
Echoing from the distorted memories of the past.
Ones that you have locked up,
And stored somewhere in your heart.

How very tragic was that.
I am sure,
You must have given this a thought...
How cruel is society,
It feeds on status, pride, and vanity.

The day you don't fulfill these necessities,
You are spat out,
And left in the gutter,
To rot for eternity.

Surprised?
How I know every detail of your life...

Don't be...
It's my specialty.
To help lost souls like you,
Look straight at reality.

It's a Deal...
I'll help you fight this cruelty,
Give me your hand,
Let me take over your soul,
Let me show you,
How different is this world,
How powerful is our goal,
How powerful is my goal...

Finally!
I have a strong hold,
I will now thrive on your soul,
Now, things will slowly unfold...

_______________________________________

Reference:








1 comment: